Accessible websites or applications benefit everyone. But what are those benefits, and how can you implement this efficiently? You came to the right place for answers. Equality of opportunities has become a fundamental value and digital accessibility has thus become a major challenge for many companies. By making your digital platform accessible, your SEO and online visibility will improve, and your message will reach more people. Find out how you can make your website more accessible here.
3 ADVANTAGES OF DIGITAL ACCESSIBILITY
- Improved user experience: Accessible websites and applications are easy and pleasant to use. Everyone will easily find their way to the information they need on your platforms. So digital accessibility benefits EVERYONE, not only people with special needs.
- Higher visibility: Just like people, search engines prefer accessible websites. You may not believe it, but it’s true! By making your website more accessible, you will improve your website indexing and attract a bigger audience.
- A larger target audience and a positive image: An accessible digital platform attracts more people. Those people will engage even more with your message and your company will look modern and inclusive. Digital accessibility truly does benefit everyone!
3 EASY WAYS YOU CAN MAKE YOUR PLATFORM MORE ACCESSIBLE
It does not matter if you’re in the middle of developing a brand-new platform, or if you already have an established website, it is never too late to make some small changes. Even the smallest changes will make your website more accessible and will make a world of difference for your users. A good place to start is language. If you implement the following three tips, your website will quickly become more accessible.
- Write accessible content: leave out jargon and technical terms. By writing short paragraphs and clear and concise sentences, your message will be crystal clear for your audience.
- Respect accessibility standards when translating your website: When translating your website, ask an expert for advice. They can help you make your website more accessible for your users no matter in which language.
- Subtitle your videos: People with hearing impairments or people who have not yet mastered the language will be able to understand your message too. The experts in subtitling at Untranslate would love to help you with that. They take into account the different factors at play, like the target audience and the reading speed, making your videos accessible for everyone.
By writing simple, clear and easily adaptable texts, your digital content will quickly become more accessible, and you will reach a bigger audience. These tips are a good start, but there are many other ways you can make your website more accessible, such as audio-description or voice-overs.
A TAILOR-MADE APPROACH WITH UNTRANSLATE
Convinced yet? Accessibility truly benefits everyone: users will easily find their way to and on your website, and you will reach a larger audience. And small changes already make a world of difference for your users.
Do you want to know more about digital accessibility and how Untranslate can help you with it? Ask our team for advice! Contact us and discover even more ways you can make your website more accessible and reach a larger audience.