All translators working with Untranslate translate in accordance with the purpose of the translation project, including the linguistic conventions of the target language and relevant project specifications. Throughout this process, the translator shall provide a service conforming to the International Standard with regards to the following:
- compliance with specific domain and client terminology and/or any other reference material
- provided and ensuring terminological consistency during translation;
- semantic accuracy of the target language content;
- appropriate syntax, spelling, punctuation, diacritical marks, and other orthographical conventions of the target language;
- lexical cohesion and phraseology;
- compliance with any proprietary and/or client style guide (including domain, language register, and language variants);
- locale and any applicable standards;
- target audience and purpose of the target language content.
The translator raises any uncertainty as a query with the project manager. The translation task includes the translator’s overall self-revision of the target content for possible semantic, grammatical and spelling issues, and for omissions and other errors, as well as ensuring compliance with any relevant translation project specifications.
The translator makes any corrections necessary prior to delivery.