Effective date: May 01, 2019
Every person who visits the website www.untranslate.be (the “Website”) and registers as a potential supplier of Untranslate N.V. (Untranslate, the company, we, us) will be asked to disclose a certain amount of personal data. The personal data is information which allows Untranslate to identify you as a natural person, regardless of whether we actually do this.
We undertake to only use and process your personal data in accordance with Belgian Act of 8 December 1992 on Privacy Protection (the “Privacy Act”) and the Regulation of 27 April 2016 on the Protection of Natural Persons with regard to the Processing of Personal Data (the “GDPR”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Types of data collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Last name and first name
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Company Name
- VAT number
- Information with regard to your connection (IP-address, localisation, etc.).
- Educational and professional info
- Financial info
Use of data
Your personal data are processed for internal use within Untranslate only, for the sole purpose of managing the contractual relationship between you and ourselves. Your personal data will not be sold, passed on or communicated to any third parties, except in case you have given us your explicit prior consent.
Other purposes may include:
- To offer you a safe, optimised and personal user experience of our Website and the offered services, such as responding to your request. The processing of your personal data is therefore essential for the proper functioning of the Website and the provision of associated services.
- To offer a personalised service to you by sending newsletters, offering personalised products, providing support and complaint follow-up.
- To detect and protect you against fraud, mistakes and/or criminal behaviours.
- When visiting the website of Untranslate, some data may be collected for statistical purposes. Such data is necessary to optimise your user experience. These data are your IP-address, probable location of consultation, hour and day of the consultation and the pages which are being consulted. When you visit the Website, you explicitly agree to this collection of data for statistical purposes.
Transfer of data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Belgium and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Belgium and process it there.
Disclosure of data
Untranslate may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Untranslate
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of data
Untranslate has taken every legal and technical precaution to avoid unauthorised access to and use of the data. In the event of a data breach, Untranslate will immediately take every possible measure to limit the damages to a minimum.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
Your personal data are always processed for the legitimate purposes explained above. They are collected and processed in an appropriate, relevant and non-excessive manner, and are not kept longer than necessary to achieve the intended purposes.
- Right to access: if you can prove your identity, you have the right to obtain information about the processing of your data, such as the right to know the purposes of the processing, the categories of data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom the data are transmitted, the criteria used to determine the data retention period, and the rights that you can exercise on your data.
- Right to rectification: inaccurate or incomplete personal data may be corrected.
- Right to erasure (or “right to be forgotten”): you also have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data under certain conditions.
- Right to limitation of processing: in certain cases, you have the right to request the limitation of the processing of your personal data, especially in case of dispute as to the accuracy of the data, if the data are necessary in the context of legal proceedings or the time required to Untranslate to verify that you can validly exercise your right to erasure.
- Right to object: you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. Untranslate will stop processing your personal data unless it can demonstrate that there are compelling legitimate reasons for the processing which prevail over your right to object.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to obtain any personal data which you have provided us in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. At your request, this data may be transferred to another provider unless it is technically impossible.
- Right to withdraw your consent: you may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time, for example for direct marketing purposes.
If you wish to exercise your rights, you must send a written request and proof of identity to Untranslate, either by e-mail to email@example.com or by registered mail to Untranslate N.V., Veldkant 33A, B-2550 Kontich, Belgium. We will respond as soon as possible, and no later than three (3) months after receipt of the request.